Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships
This year, BAM will award two US$5,000 scholarships to outstanding high school seniors who are interested in pursuing careers in technology.
The scholarships are renewable – winners who continue to meet the criteria are eligible to receive an annual award of $5,000 for up to four (4) consecutive years for a potential total $20,000 scholarship. Up to 24 scholarship runners-up will be eligible for a one-time $2,500 BAM technology stipend based on need.
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (African American or African).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
How to Apply
To apply for a BAM Scholarship, submit your application online through the link below by April 10, 2020 11:59 PM Pacific Time with the following items:
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be from a faculty or staff member at your school. Letters of recommendation should be original and should not be duplicates of college recommendation letters. (Letters must be on letterhead.)
- Résumé. Your résumé should include the following information:
- Extracurricular activities (school and community related)
- Honors and awards that you have received (if possible, include awards that are technology related)
- Work experience
- Picture of yourself. Pictures must be in color.
- Transcript. Include a copy of your current academic transcript. (Official or Unofficial copies will both be accepted.)
- In no more than 500 words, describe how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. (If you have done exemplary work using technology during high school, please describe that also.)
- In no more than 250 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship.