Avaya will be hosting a planning meeting on Wednesday, February 15th, in Roanoke, VA, with the goal of establishing a Southwestern Virginia chapter of the International Avaya Users Group (IAUG) . All Avaya customers AND Partners in SW Virginia are encouraged and welcome to attend.
At 4,000 members strong, the International Avaya Users Group (IAUG) combines the previous Avaya and heritage Nortel user groups into one of the world’s largest international organizations for communications technology professionals. As the forum for the global Avaya customer community, IAUG provides a voice and resource for Avaya customers everywhere.
IAUG’s primary goals are to:
- Advocate on behalf of the needs and interests of Avaya customers;
- Provide a direct channel of feedback from customers to Avaya leadership;
- Serve as a conduit of product and company information from Avaya to its customers;
- Provide training, industry news, networking opportunities, and other value-adds to Avaya customers;
- Create valuable networks among Avaya customers; and
- Facilitate a positive, productive relationship between Avaya and its customers
Local users group provide us the ability to foster interaction between Avaya customers, form peer groups, offer seminars and training and much more. It is an end-user driven organization and will be managed and run by newly elected officers. We need YOUR help to make it a success.
Location: Virginia Utility Protection Service, Inc
(1829 Blue Hills Circle NE, Roanoke, VA 24012)
When: Wednesday, Feb. 15th, 2012
Agenda will be as follows:
- 11:00- 11:15 – Introductions
- 11:15- 11:45 – Review of the IAUG (mission, goals, structure, benefits, fees)
- 11:45- 12:30 – Discussion Local Chapter structure and requirements (working lunch)
- 12:30 – 1pm – Attendee input, Q&A, Next steps
*** Please RSVP via email to Barbara Rigatti at email@example.com, and pass the invitation along to any other Avaya users that may be interested.
Also- Mark your calendar for the next IAUG Global Education Conference – May 20 – 24, 2012, Boston, MA
- More than 200 educational sessions
- Contact Center
- Infrastructure (Core Voice Systems for Enterprises of all sizes )
- Unified Communication/Messaging/Collaboration
- Global Services
- Data Solutions
- Professional Development
- Credits for IAUG Professional Development certificate program
- CEU credits with the University of Wisconsin
- Pre-Conference Tutorials on SIP, Contact Center and Project Management
- Avaya and motivational keynote speakers
For more information on IAUG, please visit www.iaug.org