This fall, Saturdays and science are synonymous!
Science Saturdays, an extension of Lynchburg’s only SciFest and presented by the science faculty at Randolph College in Lynchburg, Virginia, is designed to present a broad range of compelling scientific topics to high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Students may register for multiple sessions, there is no fee for the sessions, and each session includes a complimentary lunch. Here’s the lineup:
Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m., Sessions begin at 10:00
- October 5 Organic Garden (Limit: 20)
- October 12 Sunscreen Components: How Do They Work? (Limit: 15)
- October 19 Dynamics: Egg Rockets (Limit: 36)
- October 26 Alcohol and Its Effects (Limit: 16)
- November 2 Genetics (Limit: 20)
- November 9 Hurricanes and Superstorms (Limit: 20)
- November 16 Evolutionary Biology (Limit: 20)
- November 23 Neuroscience (Limit: 16)
- December 7 Physiology of Dietary Supplements (Limit: 16)
- December 14 Water Pollution (Limit: 20)
Online registration ( www.randolphcollege.edu/sciencesaturdays ) for each session closes at noon the day before the session.
Please advise students to register early. Sessions will fill quickly.There is also a printable flyer at http://randolphscience.org/files/ScienceSatsEvntsFlyer.pdf.
Each session includes a lecture and lab or hands-on activity followed by a complimentary lunch. Sessions are held in Room 315 in Martin Science Building on the Randolph College campus. Students who complete four or more sessions will be recognized as a Randolph College Science Scholar.